Saturday, April 28, 2007

Or so.

I remember this place. I would write words here, once. Well blow the metaphorical dust off this virtual page, bitches.

Cos I'm back.

So where have I been? Between uni and those 5 hour blocks of SVU on TV1 (watch it), I have no time to myself these days.

Ok, I lie. During the holidays I had more than enough time to pick up a keyboard and jot down a little somethin' somethin'. But, ya know.

The holidays weren't overly eventful. But there were some awesome times.

And some not so good. I spent a lot of the time doing an assignment using OpenGL. Haha. Yeah. An experience akin to beating your head against a wall and then drawing with whatever pours out. But the freaking blood just won't dry where you want it to and- Alright, this analogy is over.

Some mandatory blogospheric stuff:

My cousin is being paid to blog with one of the media organisations. THANKFULLY NOT SMH. God, the SMH bloggers are tools. It grieves me that they're sponsored to spout the same junk that any half-decent blogger writes on a daily basis. With the same number of grammatical errors, just more sensationalism (posing as poignancy).

Hopefully she'll try to do something different with hers. It's troubling news. It could really go either way. Whatever the outcome, go team extended-family!

I've been reading a lot of IT blogs lately. For a long time I resisted blogs that professed anything other than a constant stream of madness, but I feel I should at least play the part of an IT student. My current favourite: Coding Horror. Although, many of them just pander to what the nerd-community wants, ie., posts about how firefox ownz etc. But who even cares; if you're being catered to you're being catered to.

Just to finish off, three times in as many days I've noticed people misuse the phrase "or so" where they should be saying "and such", "and so forth", "etcetera", "and the like" or finally "or some shit".

In fact I'll look it up right now. Answers.com tells me:
or so

Approximately, especially alluding to a number, as in Four hundred or so guests are invited.


Thanks, Answers.com! How else would I have peripherally discovered there's a movie called That's So Raven: Disguise the Limit.

Most insane movie title ever! Teen movies don't have to make sense anymore.

Much like blog entries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the SMH blogs.

And Im still cool...Shut up.

Jess said...

No-one anonymous is cool! YOU shut up!

Alistair said...

hahahaha, go jess!

(apologises to to anonymous person incase they are stronger than i [high probability? {i think not}]).
ooOoo three brackets, i'm so ... math.