Friday, June 15, 2007

With the funky C and EVERYTHING.

It's time for my semesterly first-exam recap/tirade.

But first I'd like to thank people for stopping by my blog day-in day-out despite the fact I haven't updated in a month. Know that I do the exact same for you. Feel the updateless love. And I'd especially like to thank all those people (or one repeat offender?) from the Netherlands. You must have something better to do.

So, it was the worst. The worst. Have you ever gotten into an exam and there are terms that are completely new to you? No, me either til now.

Façade? Façade?! With the funky C and everything? That's not a database-related word! I can scale-up, drill-down, roll-up and pivot. I know quorums and hashes, kerberos and collision! Ok that last line sounded Dr. Zuess-ish but they're all legitimate terms, trust me. Anyway, I can do all these things, and that's the question you ask?

Anyway, questions were asked, questions weren't answered. It wasn't a good time.

I suppose when you've written a number of books about your field of study, writing straightforward exam questions holds no interest. Better to just ask questions about topics that were side-notes to the material and email the most ridiculous answers to your colleagues.

Alright. It's probably my fault. I didn't really have time this semester to give any of my subjects even a half-assed attempt. These few months nearly killed me. So I'm thinking.. that I might not bother going full-steam ahead next semester in order to finish at the end of the year. Maybe just do 2 units. And then graduate half-way through next year. Plus side: I might actually enjoy uni again. Minus side: I'm wasting time in the marshalling area when I could be out in the real world.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Does that mean we might actually SEE you again from time to time this semester?

Cause I don't know if you were aware, but doing more units than is possible renders you invisible. I tried to tell you, but you were all "A wizard did it!"

Round robin said...

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen

.



GET READY TO DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH !

CLICK HERE and start studying.

All Christians will be killed by Satan.

Revelation 13
.
🤔😇👍


!